Default Character Spacing

No one has come up with a single plausible explanation for how Normal.dot
gets modified, but this is basically what has happened: the default font
(font of Normal style) has been changed in Normal.dot. Luckily, this is one
of the easy fixes. In a new blank document, go to Format | Font and set the
character position to Normal. Then click on Default... in the bottom left
corner and answer Yes in the resulting dialog.

"Kristin" wrote in message
I opened an existing document and noticed that all my spelling and grammar
lines were ON TOP of my words. After further review I discovered that it

was
because my character spacing was set to be at a LOWERED position. Does
anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks