The answer is the same today as it was when I answered your duplicate
question yesterday (or whenever). If you have applied direct font formatting
to the text, this will be picked up by the index (or a TOC). Indexes and
TOCs do not pick up font formatting that is part of the paragraph style (the
default paragraph font). If you are not using paragraph styles, then this is
one more reason to start doing so.

"SandyTechWriter" wrote in
message ...
When I put index entries on heading lines and other formatted paragraphs,

the
index entry retains the formatting (bold, italic, size, etc.). No amount

of
selecting the entry and trying to clear the formatting works, because it
reappears the next time I generate the index.

How do I get rid of this unwanted formatting? Microsoft has nothing about
this in their support.