The fact that Word is trying to save it as Normal.dot (or failing that, as
another template) suggests that you have managed to open Normal.dot for
editing instead of creating a new document based on it. How are you opening
this document? How are you creating new documents? What add-ins are listed
in Tools | Templates and Add-ins? Did you get Word as part of Works Suite?
Do you use Norton AntiVirus? (If the answer to the last question is yes,
disable its Office Plug-in for starters.)

"VWarrier" wrote in message
I am unable to retrieve a saved file for my msword applications. Recently
when I try to save the file it gives me an answer that the file Normal
already exists.Also it promptsme whether I want o repalce the file.

Suppose
i try to save it it tells me in Templates. The end result is that I am

unable
to retrieve the saved file.