Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
br72 br72 is offline

Default Word 2007 (and Excel 2007) open slowly

1. Don't know about the virus scanner. I have Symantec Client Security that
came preloaded with my brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T60 (Core duo2 2
ghz and 2 gb of RAM). That means I have Symantic Client Firewall and Norton
Antivirus 10).

2. It does take as long to open from the shortcuts (my docs or my recent
docs) from the Start Menu.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Is your virus scanner integrated into Office? That might be something to
check.
Does it also take this long if you open the program via their shortcuts
in the Start Menu?