Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Peter,

I would like to offer users of the document the chance to browse for a file
perhaps from a userform) that gets imported into the word document (Excel
file, text file etc).

I have tried using variables inside an INCLUDETEXT field or LINK field with
no success.

Just to be su we're NOT discussing mail merge, right?

What you want is to let the user enter or choose a file path, and you want to
put that into an IncludeText or a LINK field? And do you double the
backslashes in the path before you use it in the field?

If that's not what's been tripping you up, could you please describe in more
detail HOW it's not working. And give us an example. Also, please tell us the
version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org