Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Keep with next not working

Yes, this one really bugs me. I can understand that it's easier to code and
logical in machine terms, but it's not logical in human terms.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Also, note that "Keep with next" may imply "Keep lines together."
See the following thread:

Illogical behavior of "Keep with next" over page breaks

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6917251539d550

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelagio" wrote in message
Now that I understand a little better how to use "keep with next" to

keep a
paragraph heading with the paragraph that follows, I've got a new

problem.
Even though I highlight only the heading and the first two lines of

a long
paragraph following and specify "keep with next," the heading and

the entire
paragraph move to the next page, leaving me with half a blank page

before it.
How do I get the heading and only a maximum of two lines to "keep

with next?"
I don't seem to be having this problem with other headings and long
paragraphs.
--
Thanks,
Pam