Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Block306

Default Word slow when switching between documents

Thanks, John but that is definitely NOT THE problem. I have a 1 Gb RAM and
the problem happens even if I have NO other windows open.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

This is a classic sign that you do not have enough "Memory" in the computer.

Talk to your system administrator about adding RAM to your desktop PC.

On 31/3/06 3:22 PM, in article
, "Block306"
wrote:

I run Word and has Acrobat Professional 7 installed on my pc as well. I have
the same set-ups on my desktop and laptop. Both runs on WinXP SP2.
On my desktop, when using Word, I noticed that my system slows down when I
switched from one Word document to another word document (or other
applications for that matter). My desktop will hang with the hour glass for
at least 15 seconds whenever I does that. The same problem does not arise in
my laptop.
I have checked all the places that I know of to check (options etc) but to
no avail.
Can someone please advise? Thanks.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410