Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adgorn adgorn is offline

Default Can I search for text highlighted in a specific color?

I just posted a similar request. In looking at the site you recommend, the
solution seems incomplete. Can you verify and post the complete solution?
--
Alan

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Annett wrote:
I am trying to search (using Find) for text highlighted in a specific
color, rather than searching for all highlighted text. The Find
function does not seem to distinguish between different highlight
colors. I have a document, in which I would like to select only the
text highlighted in yellow. Is there another way to do this?
Thanks

Hi Annett,

It can be done, but only with a macro. See this post for an example:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2599f992?hl=en

The idea is to find text with any highlight color, and then check it to see
whether it's the color you want. If not, it continues searching for the next
highlight.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman