Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default mail merge: printing multiple pages, or field calculation error

This usually indicates that the merge hasn't actually been completed, which
requires merging either to the printer or to a new document. Also, note that
in a Letter-type merge, if it's a one-page letter, every page will be page 1
(each is a separate section).

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
I have a client who is trying to print letters from a mail merge from an
Excel file.

At first when she tried to print the merged file, she got an error

message:
a field calculation error occurred on record 1.

Now, she says she can use the toolbar to view individual letters, though

the
page counter on the bottom of the screen indicates that it's only a

one-page
document.

The problem is that when she tries to print, only the first page will

print.
(There are about 600 addressees total.)

We've tried printing specific sections, specific pages, ranges of

sections,
ranges of pages. No luck. Only the first page prints.

I'm not sure whether she has a problem with the merge itself (the error
message may be a clue), or whether there's some printer problem (seems
unlikely: the printer seems to work fine otherwise).

If anybody has any ideas on what's gone wrong, both my client and I would

be
grateful.

Thanks in advance!