Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Mail Merge Question

When you create your Main Document use either Labels or Directory as the
document type rather than Letters... Letters implies that you want a
separate copy of the document for each recipient, so Word is repeating the
data for each recipient into the corresponding copies of the fields on your
one-page letter.

If you use Labels you can select any of the one-up/2 labels per page formats
& perhaps get the results you are looking for even if you print to plain
paper. OTOH, if you use the Directory feature it will give you more layout
flexibility.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jim McColl" wrote in message
Greetings - I am trying to print application forms two to a page
lengthwise
using MS Office 2003 mail merge with an MS Access query as input. I have
tried setting this up as a custom sized label, so I would get two on each
page, one on the top half and one on the bottom half of the page.

The problem I am running into is that each label on a given page uses the
same record from the query.

Does anyone know a way to get two records to print on a single sheet.

Thanks for any help
--
Jim McColl