Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJA

Default How do I stop "requesting virus scan" when Word opens?

I had previously tried to rid myself of the problem of Word requesting a
virus scan upon opening. Graham had suggested eliminating various dll
program left over from Norton AV. At first this seemed to work but then
actually didn't. I have not been able to locate any of these dll program or
officeav.dll program. I had Symantec Corporate Edition. This version
doesn't have a drop down list to stop plug ins. So, I have been totally
blocked in every way to get rid of this problem. I have been in touch with
Microsoft on this and so far they too are giving me the same unusable
information that I have gotten here. Once again, any cures would be
appreciated.

PJA

"PJA" wrote:

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My disc scan for viruses was negative
and the problem remained after I removed my antivirus software (Norton). All
Word programs open either slowly because they are being scanned or sometimes
can't open.

PJA