Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Squat

Default Table AutoSizing in Word 2003

Dawn,
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
"Dawn Crosier" wrote in message
Once a table is setup to AutoFit to Contents, what you need to do is
change it to Fixed Column Width.

Select the Table. From the Table menu, select AutoFit. Select Fixed
Column Width. Then you can adjust your columns and not have them "float"
around on you.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Squat" wrote in message
I am trying to get Word 2003 to stop resizing tables (horizontally) to fit
the contents.
I have selected all the cells, gone into "table properties" and turned
off every auto-resize command I could find. Is there something that I am
missing?

Thanks for any help you have.
Greg