Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default retrieve a hotmail attachment word document that was edited

I don't know where Hotmail stores is temporary files, but it *may* be
possible to recover your changes. See if
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm provides some clues.

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail, though Office
2007 has introduced some safeguards that make this less inadvisable.

Thirtysomething wrote:
I received an attachment via my hotmail inbox. I opened it and began
a 4 hour translation. I saved it paragraph by paragraph, now I can't
find it. I need it for Friday evening today it Thursday. Do any of
you have an idea of how I can retrieve this information? I would
really appreciate your help, thanks in advance. When I was saving it,
I did not press 'save as' I simply continue to press the save icon.