Trixie

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:04:09 -0700, Janet at Boeing Janet at
wrote:

I manage a publications dept and I have been hearing many complaints about
the new 2002 MSWord. We work on many documents and the biggest complaint so
far has to do with the track changes function. In the old version it was
possible to SHOW ADDED TEXT WHILE HIDING DELETED TEXT. Does anybody know if
this function is still available? If it isn't this is a huge mistake on
Microsoft's part and certainly not an upgrade but a big downgrade.

In Word 2002 the Track Changes options dialog left out the options for
deleted text, which was indeed a huge mistake that was rectified in
Word 2003. (Note that your 2002 version is no longer "new"!)

But you can still set the option by using this line of macro code:

Options.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

You can enter this in the Visual Basic immediate window (Alt+F11,
Ctrl+G). You only need to run it once. There are other values you can
set, which are self-explanatory: wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough,
wdDeletedTextMarkUnderline, wdDeletedTextMarkBold, and so forth.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jay,

I work for Janet. Let's say I want to TOGGLE between hiding deleted text and
showing deleted text (strikethough + red). Can this be done easily with
macros?
At the same time I would like to ALWAYS show added text (blue).

Thanks,
Joan (aka Trixie)