Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PDR

Default Create custom doc with multiple sub-docs

I'm trying to create documentation for a product that is customized by
client. I'd like to have sub-documents that describe each variation of the
product, then be able to pick and choose (depending on the client) which
sub-docs to group together to form a client's Final Documentation. The Final
Doc would have page numbering across all pages, a TOC, chapter/section
headings, etc.

I thought that Word's Master Document feature would be the answer but I've
yet to get it to work without crashing. Now I've read on Microsoft's MVP
boards "don't use the Master Documents feature - it will only corrupt!"

Any ideas on what software/tool I need to be using? I need to be able to do
paper versions and (later) will move this documentation to the web.

Thanks for any suggestions.