Daiya Mitchell

WordPerfect uses .wpd, I think. Google says a .dat files is used for ASCII
comma delimited files, but if you are getting "winmail.dat" files, see he
http://www.gpc.edu/~jbenson/resource/winmail.htm
(usually, macs did not produce such files, but we have seen at least one
other recent suggestion that they do)
Otherwise, I haven't a clue. Google turned up some more possibilities.
".dat" files are linked to glitches in email, which is why I think it's your
sister's attachment encoding settings. Best bet is to ask your sister what
program created the files she is sending you. Please let the group know if
you find the answer.
DM

On 12/2/04 4:25 PM, "Sunsetinaz" wrote:

Thank you for your informative response.
Can you think of what might have .dat files - MSN thought they were from
Wordperfect or their version of Office?