Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default TOC entries for front matter are missing a dot leader

Sounds like you've got it on the run, then. Glad I could help!

"Kiwi_731" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne, will do.

I have re-read your "TOC Tips & Tricks" document and now see what you were
driving at re front matter entries.

You're brilliant.

Regards

Hopeful Kiwi

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The tab stop was what I was afraid was the problem, and it leads to this
solution: Instead of giving your front matter headings an outline level

of
1, make them Level 4. Then modify the TOC 4 style to look just like TOC

1
except without the hanging indent/tab stop. You'll need to include four
levels in your TOC, of course, and if you have used Heading 4, you'll

need
to remove the 4 from beside it in the TOC Options dialog and hope for

the
best (my experience with this runs counter to what Word's Help suggests

will
happen).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.