Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Locked documents not secure.

I don't think that Graham meant to suggest that stronger encryption would
defeat the display of document properties. If you don't want any of your
text displayed in the popup, then you need to change (delete) the Title
property of your document.

"Frank Martin" wrote in message
I have just tried this but it makes no difference (except to shorten the
dialogue that appeares) and if I try for stronger encryption then the
password does not work any more!

What must I do (exactly) to remove the yellow box with the file contents
which appears when the mouse hovers over the file?

Regards, frank

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
What you are seeing is the document title from the document properties,
which is usually the first line of the document. You can edit the
properties to change the title property to something simpler or remove

the
content altogether.
Note also that the default security level is quite weak. Change to one

of
the stronger levels of encryption under the advanced settings.

Frank Martin wrote:
I have protected some documents with a password.

Even so, when I 'hover' above the passworded document with the mouse
a small yellow box appears with the start of the document's contents!

Why does the password not protect this facility as well?

Please help, Frank