Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default how are people born writing right or left hand?

Very true: but not much of a reason for a beating for using a dessert spoon
or fork in the 'wrong' hand.

Terry

"Tom Ferguson" wrote in message
In the days of quill pens, and later, fountain pens, there was a good
reason not to write left-handed. English is a left-to-right written
language. Thus, when the pen is held in the left hand to write, there is a
tendency for the hand to move across part of the area where markings were
just made. That tends to smear it.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
That's different. If you hadn't had the accident, you would never have
tried to learn to write with 'the other hand'.

As recently as the middle of the 20th Century, some children were forced
to be right-handed at school. These days that doesn't happen (or at least
I hope not) and the result is that there are an ever increasing
percentage of southpaws.

Terry

"E. Barry Bruyea" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:27:49 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Use Google for a selection of good answers. The simple answer; it's in
your
DNA.

Terry Farrell

"enmanuel" wrote in message
answer this right please

But it can be modified. I spent the first 21 years of my life right
handed, but due to an accident that caused a long period of
recuperation, I had to learn to write with my left hand and it wasn't
all that hard, but I do most things right handed, like Golf and in
baseball, I bat right handed, but catch left handed. Interestingly
enough, I have never been able to pick up writing with my right hand
again, even though I now have full use of my right arm and hand.