garfield-n-odie

I'm no macro guru by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems
to me that if you include the foldername with the filename (e.g.,
"C:\foldername\Letterhead.dot"), it should work.

W wrote:

okay, here's the code for my one macro. I hope this helps you! Thank you!

' Macro recorded 10/13/2005 by WEichorn
' Selection.InsertFile FileName:="Letterhead.dot", Range:="", _
ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False
Selection.TypeBackspace
Selection.TypeBackspace
Selection.TypeBackspace
Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="MMMM d, yyyy", InsertAsField:= _
True, DateLanguage:=wdEnglishCanadian,
CalendarType:=wdCalendarWestern, _
InsertAsFullWidth:=False
Selection.TypeParagraph
Selection.TypeParagraph

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Post your macro code here and someone can probably tell you how
to fix it.

W wrote:

I am having some troubles with macros and am wondering if anyone can help. I
have recorded macros and then when I go to play them it says the file cannot
be found. What I am doing when this happens is that I have been working in a
different folder and not in the folder the macro is in. When I go into the
folder the macro is in and play it, it works fine and I don't get an error
message. How do I set the macros up to look in one specific folder? I have
tried recording the macro and doing the actions (file open, go to the
specific folder, etc) but it still does not seem to work. Can anyone help me
PLEASE??? Thank you!