Default Cursor does not stay where it is in Word 2003

Hello,

What I liked about Word 2002 and below was that even when you scroll
using the scroll wheel on your mouse, the cursor stays where it is.
Therefore, when you want to go back to the cursor, you can just press
the right arrow or left arrow and Word will bring you back to where the
cursor is.

However, with Word 2003, I don't think this feature works anymore. Now,
instead, the cursor moves to a somewhere on the current "screen". I
find this more inconvenient. Is there any way to have the cursor stay
where it is regardless of where I am viewing within the document?