Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do i fill down in a Word table (cont. D in Excel)?

No, Word doesn't work like Excel.

Select the first cell and copy it to the clipboard. Then select the whole
column, and paste. Each cell in the selection will get a copy of the first
cell's contents.

If this is something you do a lot, either do it in Excel and then copy it
from there and paste into Word, or get someone to write a macro for you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Routelock wrote:
Am I missing something, this shouldn't be this difficult to do.
I would like to be able to fill down text in a column of a Word table.
I know how to do it in Excel (cont. D).
I can't find any info on this topic.