Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word mail merge "Unable to Obtain List of Tables from Data Source"

Instead of just checking to see if it is present (which you confirm it is)
delete the address book (this will not delete the contacts list) then add it
again. This will rebuild the address book from the contacts list.

Stephen Ford wrote:
I followed the given process but the address book was already
available and the check-box ticked. The error message remains. If you
have any other ideas they would be welcome.

In the meantime I am going through the Word merge tutorial. Maybe I
will pick up ideas along the way...

Stephen Ford