Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default When to split a long document into separate files?

Hello Paul

Paul wrote:
I'm afraid I've had a lot of problems with bullets and numbering in long
documents (100 pages plus, 10Mb plus in Word 2003) even where *all*
instances of bullets and numbering are set up and applied via Styles. The
only solutions I've found are to repeatedly delete and recreate the styles
and to delete and recreate the text in some instances.

The following articles might be of interest to you:

Ins and outs of bullets and numbering in Word

See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by Shauna
Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/
How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a616aec?hl=en&

HTH
Robert