Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Excessively Confused: Why are TOC Considered "Headers?"

The table of contents is associated with Headings, a type of paragraph, not
page headers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Hilary" wrote in message
news
Very kind people on this group, knowledgeable as anyone can be. But I'm
stuck at Square One because I can't wrap my brain around Why WORD
associates
a table of contents with a header (a thing which, IMO, a table of contents
has as much intrinsically in common as it does with a footer: i. e.,
nothing.)