Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stampie Stampie is offline

Default Calculations in Word 2003 Table

Ahhh I see now! I was actually putting the { } symbols with the data and
percentage in the other cells aswell as the one to display the total...
Obviously i've not been shown anything like this before to know that until
now...

Also it didn't make sense with me not having the cell references correct
(equivilant of cells D3 - D5)!

Thanks greatly, was about to give up on this and say it couldn't be done!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Let's start with a simple table created in Word
Type a number in cell A1 (that'sthe first cell in Word)
in the cell beneath it (A2) type 10%
in the cell beneath that (A3) type CTRL+F9
which will give you {}
between the brackets type =A1*A2
thus {=A1*A2}
Toggle the display ALT+F9 then F9 to update. A3 should show a figure 10% of
the figure in A1
Where is what you are doing differing from this?