katin42

No need to apologize. You made a resume, so you know something. Sometimes I
believe I know alot, then other days, I'm starting over.

The file being unsaved is not automatically deleted. Closing out a file is
not the same as deleting. You might just have to add the changes made, over
again, depending on what you can remember, and how complicated.

If you do not check your Recycle Bin regularly, it might be saved there.
Shortcuts are added on to the "Documents"tab, and listed in "Recent" files,
where you might find the unsaved version of your resume, without any recent
changes. Documents can be found in Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, and
your Start-up menu. The Recycle Bin commonly has an Icon, on most desktops.
The worst case scenirio, but still optional choice is to use the
scanreg/system restore option. This is done differenlty and varies greatly
throughout the different operating systems and Microsoft Office versions. It
would be best to do this with complete, step-by-step assistance from the
professional Tech Support service, included with your computer purchase and
ownership. Most will guide your through this cost free. I know the scanreg
(restore entire registry) is drastic, but will allow you to go back even as
far as one week, to the point in time, where your resume still existed. For
future uses, transfer all important documents to a floppy diskette (A:\
Drive), a CD disk (E:\ Drive}, or memory stick. Your computer should have A
drive, nearly all of them do, but not all come with the "memory stick" option
for removable storage.

"dpumpkin" wrote:

After typing a resume' I accidently hit "don't save" instead of "save"
because I thought it wanted me to save the changes I did to the templet. Now
I have deleted the whole resume'. I hadn't saved it, so is there any
likelyhood it is somewhere in my computer to recover it? I apologize for my
minimal knowledge.