Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Emily Emily is offline

Default Problems with Mail merge with attachment

Hi,

I am trying to send individual emails with individual attachments. I have
followed the steps outlined in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" and am having a little trouble.

I have created the directory, written the email I want to send, connected to
data source (same one that I used for the directory) and copied the Macro.
However, I when I run the macro I get the message "Compile error: statement
invalid outside Type block" and the line of code that reads " Maillist As
Document, TempDoc As Document" is highlighted. Should I have the directory
open when I start the merge? Do I run the macro or just try to send the
email merge? I am very confused and have not worked much with Macros or VBA
Editor. Also, it says in the article that when I run the Macro I will be
asked to open the directory but that has not happened. I'm sure I am doing
something wrong, but I don't know what.

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,

Emily