Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msebold

Default Corrupted files (file name too long): How to fix or delete?

I download various cases in Word format from a legal database. When I save
the file to my computer, I copy the case name and paste it in as the file
name. Occasionally, the file name sometimes contains too many characters.
This results in some sort of file corruption. I cannot open the file, change
its name or properties, or even delete the file. When I use "file open" in
Word and go to the appropriate folder, the file does not even appear. (The
file does appear in the Windows navigator, but again, I cannot change or
delete the file).

How do I fix or delete these files?