Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bishop bishop is offline

Default How have 2 columns without using second column?

Try creating two tables -- sorry I cut off my first message; but wrote another

"Andy" wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message

I am on XP Pro/SP2 with Office Pro 2003.
In Word, I want to have two columns:

(1) I want the text of what was said at a meeting in the left
(larger) column.

(2) I want to put the odd comment in the right column.

On 07 Aug 2006, CyberTaztypegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote:

One option - Try using a 2-Column *Table* rather than
newspaper-type Column layout.

Bob Jones, [MVP] Office:Mac

Bob, a table makes for a lot of work skipping between cells because
the left side will be a transcript of what was said at a meeting
lasting 45 minutes.

Any other ideas?