Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How format numbers resulting from 'math' formulas in WORD tables?

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 17:06:00 -0800, mkraft
wrote:

How can I get 'table math' computations (i.e., numbers returned from
'formulas') in WORD tables to be formatted the way I want them to? -- e.g.,
to include a 'following zero' (e.g., 70.10 instead of 70.1) and commas in
thousands (6,863.63 instead of 6863.63) - ?

Thanks.

Look at the help topic "Numeric Picture (\#) field switch". For the examples you
give, the field might look like

{= SUM(ABOVE) \# #,###.00}

Note: If you have regional settings that use a dot as the thousands separator
and a comma as the decimal point, they should also be swapped in the picture
switch.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman