Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bassadi bassadi is offline

Default Lock position of text box but allow editing its content

Hello, this is my first time using this forum.

I've read several posts on locking text boxes, but my question is unique. I
want to lock the position of the text box (so I don't accidentally move it
later), but I still want to be able to type in it. The box is along the RHS
of my page, and I'd prefer not to Protect the document.

Is there any way to do this? Perhaps I could scrap the text box and use a
separate column? But the text in the new column is separate from the body, so
it can't be like an ordinary 2-column page.

Any help is greatly appreciated...