Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Sharing Quick Parts

QuickParts are stored in templates. The default QuickParts template is the
Building Blocks.dotx template discussed elsewhere in the thread, but
QuickParts can be stored in any template including the document template and
the normal template. If you want to make custom Quickparts available to
users, copy them from wherever they are currently stored to the document
template and distribute the document template.

Jag wrote:
I created a document using quick parts, but when I go to distribute
it to my department, their systems don't have the quick parts in the
documents building blocks. How can I move the quick parts with
document. I would rather put it on a shared drive, but that doesn't
work either.

I saw this in another thread:
"The easiest way is to add a renamed copy of the file to the user's
Document Building Blocks folder. (It is also possible to add the file
to the Startup folder, of course.) "

But, I don't understand the action. Rename what file? Put "the
file" in what start-up? Windows, Office, Word? And how?