jessewalker jessewalker is offline
Junior Member

Hi Mr. Stefan Blom

What if add Highlight in the c.Range.Text?

It doesn't work with me, please correct me.

Sub InsertNotesInText()
Dim c As Comment
For Each c In ActiveDocument.Comments
c.Reference.InsertAfter "[" & c.Range.Text & "]"
c.Range.Text.Highlightcolour=True
Next c
End Sub

Many Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post
You can use a macro such as the following:

Sub InsertNotesInText()
Dim c As Comment
For Each c In ActiveDocument.Comments
c.Reference.InsertAfter "[" & c.Range.Text & "]"
Next c
End Sub

For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

Run the macro to insert the comment text. Make sure not to save the document
unless you want to save the "inline" comments (but, of course, you can print
it or Save As).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Fraser" wrote in message
Thank you Jay. I will do that in future. Unfortunately that won't help
with
the document I have already commented. Ah well ...

Thank you for the prompt and helpful suggestion.

Cheers,
Fraser

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Fraser wrote:
Hello,

Is is possible to have comments displayed inline in the text? I have
seen how to display edits/changes inline but cannot figure out how to
show the comments that way. Thank you in advance for any helpful
advice.

Fraser

Sorry, no. Word shows comments in balloons or in the Reviewing Pane, but
not
inline.

If you know that's what you want, you could type all your comments as
tracked inserts. You can temporarily change your name in the User
Information section of the options dialog (for instance, add a character
it), and then you can use the Tracked Changes option to display only the
changes from that "author" to see inline "comments".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman