Philos

Still loking for help. Boolean search is so common and useful ... wouldn't
the Microsoft programmers have thought of it?

"Philos" wrote:

I used the following:
same?{1,}drink
Results: it finds these words anywhere in the document.
I read You article "Finding and replacing characters using wild cards" It
says,
{n,m} finds text containing between €œn€ and €œm€ occurrences of the previous
character or expression; so a{2,3} will find €œaa€ and €œaaa€, but only the
first 3 characters in €œaaaa€ ).
So I used a second number to limit the previous "?" (any character) to five
times
same?{1,5}drink
Results: it still finds these words anywhere in the document.
What can be done to set a limit of the number of spaces or characters
between the two words in a search?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

word1?{15,}word2

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Philos wrote:
In earlier versions of Word, I cannot remeber exactly, but there was a
feature in the search (some type of wildcard), where you entered a
number, lets say, 15 and it would find the two words you are
searching for within 15 spaces. Does this help?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

You might be able to do it with wildcards, such as :

.. *word1*word2*.

Starting with the period followed by a space and ending with a
period to indicate that the string be within a sentence. Haven't
tested it, but it ought to work.

Good Luck |:)

On 8/28/05 4:55 PM, in article
, "Philos"
wrote:

This is like a Boolean search; like you search in Google. You
search for two or three words and finds documents with those words,
anywhere in the document. However, in this case, in Word 2003, I am
searching for two words in ONE SENTENCE, anywhere in the sentence.
If I am not mistaken this feature was available in earlier editions
of Word. Any solutions?