Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2007 - merge with more than one related record?

Is it possible for a mail merge record in Word 2007 to have an embedded
table
that contains more than one related record?

Word data sources are in essence simple relations with no repeating
elements. Word does not have any general-purpose built-in ways to split
multiple-valued elements into multiple records.

In this case,
a. what is the data source? Is it an Access 2007 database with multi-valued
elements, or something else?
b. are the 3 email addresses related to the 6 sales by quarter records in
the most obvious way (i.e. the first two sales records belong with the first
email address, the 3rd and 4th sales records with th e 2nd email address,
and so on)? Or what/

(Not sure I can help even then, but IMO anyone trying to solve this problem
would need to know the answers)

Peter Jamieson

"MarkWey" wrote in message
Is it possible for a mail merge record in Word 2007 to have an embedded
table
that contains more than one related record?

My data source contains a column with 3 email addresses and another column
with 6 records €“ Sales by Quarter. Id like the Word output to produce
three
emails, containing a table with 2 merged records in each.

Thanks in advance!