Rags

Hi Luc,

Yes I have - When I initially open up the "Printed Watermark" box in either
normal view or header & Footer, the "No Watermark" button is already
checked...!!!!

Word appears unaware that there is a watermark showing on the screen.

"Luc" wrote:

Rags,
Have you tried to go to the header and footer and remove the watermark
there?
Luc
"Rags" schreef in bericht
I am running Windows XP with MS Word 2003. A while ago I created a word
document and added a "DRAFT" watermark in the background as follows:

FORMAT -- BACKGROUND -- PRINTED WATERMARK -- TEXT WATERMARK

I now want to remove this watermark, but the obvious route did not work:

FORMAT -- BACKGROUND -- PRINTED WATERMARK -- NO WATERMARK

To get around the problem I then tried to superimpose another "DRAFT"
watermark on top, but this time making it white colour to match the paper

and
hide the grey draft beneath. This would have worked had the two pieces of
text appeared in the same place, but they did not....

I then tried "Copy All" and pasted it onto a new file, but this simply
carried the annoying "DRAFT" mark with it. The file has a lot of

formatting,
tabs, numbering etc, so I am loathed to copy without the formatting.

Does anyone have any ideas.....?