Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I change the default print tray in the Label Wizard?

You can set the tray to use from the envelopes & labels dialog options
tab.

Diamonds_Mine wrote:
Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm not using the label
wizard; just the envelopes and labels menu option, but the default
tray is set to "default tray (printer auto select). This is using
Word 2003; in Word 2000 the default tray was "manual feed..." -- I
wonder if this setting has anything to do with printer drivers.
Thanks for any information anyone can provide. Have a greaty day!

"Sam Hobday, Solsoft" wrote:

Unfortunately I can't offer a solution, but maybe bring this to the
front again.
I've got the same problem.

Obviously you can change the tray each time, but that's kind of a
pain.
On my colleagues computer, the preselected tray is manual feed
(which for us is correct), but on mine it is "Default Tray" which
goes to one of the trays. My colleague has no idea why it is
selected correctly on his.

I can't find any options anywhere for changing what the default
paper tray selection is under the Label's wizard. It does not seem
to remember the previously selected one either.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Sam

"PickerTech" wrote:

When I go into the Envelopes and Labels wizard, then click on
options, the default printing tray is always set to "Default Tray".
It doesn't matter what settings are set in the printer itself, or
in "page setup", or in the printer settings on the computer. So,
my secretaries are forced to click on options and manually select
"Tray 1" to force the printing from tray 1.

Is there a way to set "Tray 1" as the default IN THE LABEL WIZARD?
Thank you.