Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brian Smither Brian Smither is offline

Default includepicture with problems in mailmerge

"Graham Mayor" wrote in news:e$h4BYP0HHA.4916
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

The correct syntax would be
{includepicture "c:\\folder1\\folder2\\photo.jpg"}

My similar problem is that even with the correct syntax, ie (all one line
but broken up to show the logic):

{ INCLUDEPICTURE
{ IF A 1
"D:\\images\\blueblock-v.gif"
"D:\\images\\space.gif" }
\* MERGEFORMAT }

Eventually at some point, the path collapses to:

"images/blueblock-v.gif"

And, eventually, the If..Then..Else also disappears leaving only:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "images/blueblock-v.gif" \* MERGEFORMAT }

I think this usually happens when I try to update the fields in the source
document during a "View Merged Data" preview of the records.

How do I stop this collapsing of the fields?

--
Remove INVALID from e-mail address.

Brian Smither
Smither Consulting