Charles Kenyon

Opening a template (having it on your screen so that you can type in it)
does not give any other document access to the code in that template.

For whatever reason, it seems that mailmerge result document does not have
access to code in the attached template. This is true even if you attach the
template using the templates and Add-Ins dialog..

However, all documents, including a mailmerge result document, have access
to code contained in an Add-In that has been loaded. So, you can load a
template as an Add-In and give your document access to the code in the
template that way; simply opening it won't help.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"zSplash" zNOSPAMSplash@ gci.net wrote in message
After my mail merge, can I (instead of opening a new word document), open
template (that has nothing but code in it?) so that all users will have
access to the code contained in this template, instead of having to know
their template paths or using an addin?

Or, if that's not possible, can I attach a certain template (with code) to
the newly-created word document somehow?

TIA