Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Henk57[_141_] Henk57[_141_] is offline

Default Excel Worksheet Object resizes in Word when I edit/open it

It depends how you insert the Excel sheet. As you describe I think you
embed it, as you call Excel from within Word.
My approach would be to link the Excel sheet to Word dynamically. In
Word 2003, select the table (cell range) you want to copy to Word in
Excel, Copy, and go to Word. Then Edit/Paste Special and tick Paste
link, and select under As: Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object.
Resize as needed.
Make any changes in the Excel sheet and these are automatically
reflected in the Word table (You might have to right-click the Word
table and choose Update link). There is a price to pay, though: the
Word file will be significantly increase in size so if you do this with
many tables it might become impractable.

Size matters;2515701 Wrote:
I have pasted an Excel Worksheet Object into my Word document. I need to
use
the Excel functions (filtering) on this object so it must be editable
(either
within the Word doc or in separate Excel doc).
It works correctly however it resizes (expands) itself within Word when

edited or opened. Sometimes it returns to the correct size after a few

seconds but other times it does not and I can only fix it by using
undo.

Do you know why it does this or what I can do to stop it from
expanding?
Thanks.

--
Henk57