Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default typing so that words are in the shape of a circle

Unfortunately, Word doesn't offer any good way to do this. If you select an
AutoShape, right-click, and choose Add Text, you get a text box inside the
shape, but it's always rectangular. There are therefore two ways to approach
the problem. Which you choose will depend on the situation (what other text
the document contains, how much text is involved, etc.).

1. Insert a text box (No Line, No Fill) in front of the circle AutoShape.
Make it square, the same size as the circle. Change the inside margins as
required. Center the text horizontally (Ctrl+E) and type, adding line breaks
(Shift+Enter) as required to fit the circle outlines.

2. Use two half-circles to constrain ordinary inline text. You can start
with the Block Arc shape (rotated and stretched as required). Position two
of them, facing opposite directions toward each other, apply Tight wrapping,
and type between them.

The latter method requires a tremendous amount of trial and error and really
doesn't work very well (or at least I can't seem to get it working today,
though I know I've done this in the past.

"sarahwms" wrote in message
Suzanne,
Actually I want to be able to draw a circle, and then type INSIDE that
circle and I want the words to conform to the circle shape.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you're saying you want your ordinary horizontal text to wrap
around
the outside of a circular shape? If so, insert a circular AutoShape (with
No
Line and No Fill) and apply Tight wrapping to it.

"sarahwms" wrote in message
I'm a scrapbooker and want to journal in Word in the shape of a circle.
I'd
like to know if this is possible? (I don't want my words going in a
circle,
I know that can be done in Word Art...I want my words to follow the
outline
of the circle and move to a new line when the circle gets larger or
smaller....

THANKS!
Sarah