Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Getting a table to total columns

This isn't any different from previous versions, is it? On the Layout tab of
the contextual Table Tools there is a Formula button. The formula defaults
to SUM(ABOVE) or SUM(LEFT) if you have values in the relevant cells. You can
also add the AutoSum button to the QAT. Or you can use Insert | Text | Quick
Parts | Field | Formula.

"Ross" wrote in message
Hi,

It's not for lack of trying to find the answer but after 20 minutes of
trying to figure out how to total columns in a Word 2007 table, I have
failed. Can anyone point me to some documentation (or better yet just tell
me) how to correctly insert a formula that will total columns in a table.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RS