Trey

Default Very Challenging Project -- Preliminary Question

Hello,

I have undertaken a very challenging project -- the end goal is to merge
data from multiple sources into a single word document that will be e-mailed,
faxed and hand-mailed to different recipients based on a condition in an
excel field. I am really struggling with it and I have lots of questions. But
first: a preliminary question that may get me much further down the road.

Is it possible to set up a word doc (2003) for e-mail merge that will link
multiple documents at once? For example -- I may need to link to data from
two different excel sheets before I send my Word document out.

The mail merge wizard allows me to effectively filter and insert the
information I want from one document ... but I need to simultaneously take
info from a 2nd document.

Ideally, I'd also like to establish some way for Word to look for a common
piece of info from both external documents and only marry those documents if
they have that common piece of info. For example -- Excel Spreadsheet A has a
"Code Number" of A3 in a particular column and I need all the info from that
row.

Excel Spreadsheet B is set up differently but it also has a cell populated
with Code Number A3 and I need all of the information from that record as
well.

Then I'd like it if Word would marry the info. from those merge fields and
send it along on its happy way. Then it would look for the next "marriable"
records from the two external documents, bring that data in, repeat.

Thanks for any help in advance!!