Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Change Word's Opening Default?

As per Graham's answer. But I believe the easiest way is to simply open
Windows Explorer so that you can still see the desktop. Then find the
template and drag a copy and drop it on the desktop. The default action of
double-clicking a template on the desktop is to open a new document based on
the template. You can, of course, drag it onto the Taskbar too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"CWLee" wrote in message

When Word 2000 is opened a document based on the normal.dot template is
there. It can then be closed, leaving the Word toolbars at the top. Is
it possible to change the default, so that word either opens with a
different template, or with nothing at all?

Thanks.

--
CWLee