Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nera techie nora thickiebee nera techie nora thickiebee is offline

Default Split screen- What is it and how do I use it in Word?

hi - have you tried it?

I have just opened a Word 2003 file. and selected "split screen" - it gives
me the option of where to place the split. Having clicked, my file is then
effectively split into two portions and each can be viewed and edited
independantly from the other portion.

As I have never used this facility, I would have to guess at a benefit. The
best I can think of is that it gives you the option to view one part of a
document whilst editing another - but on the same screen. The gap between
them may be pages apart which would normally require you to scroll backwards
and forwards.

Hope that helps and now I know that that facility is there (isn't that uncle
bill great? ) I can use it myself.

Regards

Nora

"Schalk" wrote:

I would like to know what is a split screen in MS Word and how do I use it to
create better word documents.

My students need clear understanding of the term "Split Screen" but I don't
know how to explain it to them.
--
Computer educator