Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rupert Bear Rupert Bear is offline

Default Split screen- What is it and how do I use it in Word?

"Schalk" wrote:

I would like to know what is a split screen in MS Word and how do I use it to
create better word documents.

My students need clear understanding of the term "Split Screen" but I don't
know how to explain it to them.
--
Computer educator

Hi, I know this is slightly different but if you want to compare two
documents similtaneously you can display them both on the screen at the same
time, scroll them seperately or together. I know there is also the "Track
Changes" facility in MS Word XP but the above is handy if you want to compare
one document against another that has been modified. To achieve this, with
both files ACTIVE on the taskbar, click on Tools - Customise & Keyboard. In
"Categories" select "All Commands", scroll down to "WindowsArrangeSideBySide"
and assign a keyboard shortcut with the Alt key plus another; e.g. I chose
Alt + 5. When the two files are displayed side by side [virtically] a tab
appears on screen which enables both files to be scrolled together. This
latter feature however is not available when the files are shown
horizontally!! Handy to know I think. Rupert.B