Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003 does not recognize default printer.

Word depends much more heavily on the printer to format documents than any
other Office app--with good reason, since Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint are
not designed primarily to produce printed output.

"George3095" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne.

I should have mentioned that ONLY Word has the problem. Outlook, Excel,

and
Powerpoint, the other applications in the Office 2003 ALL display the

default
printer when the cursor is hovered over the printer icon. Only Word says,

"No
printer."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are connecting to the printer over a network, make sure that you

have
the driver installed locally.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"George3095" wrote in message
Even though the printer driver is the latest for XP Home (and has been
re-installed more than once) and Control Panel HAS one printer

installed
and
it is the default, Word 2003 reports "No printer" when the cursor

hovers
over
the printer icon. This is beyond me. If I click on the printer icon, I

get
box that takes me to another window where I can see the default

printer,
yet
there a note that there no default printer. Double-clicking on the

displayed
printer, only temporarily allows Word to print my document. The

printer is
connected to another computer running W98SE on my LAN.