Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Variable worksheets to attach to doc as result merged data

What you probably need to do is have the path\filename of the files that you
want included in a field in the data source and then
use a method similar to that in the "Graphics from data base" item under the
"Special merges" section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"BeJay" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a mail merge document and need to attach a different
worksheet(or workbook if this is the only way) dependant on merged
data. I am re-posting this in the hope someone can help prevent
insanity setting in. My brain is now stuck in a loop and I'm really
not getting anywhere.....

In essence:-

Where MERGEFIELD LocRef = BOB, link to worksheet BOB, then Where
MERGEFIELD LocRef= FRED, link to worksheet FRED.

However, what is happening is:- Where MERGEFIELD LocRef = FRED, The
merged letter is still linking to BOB worksheet and doesn't seem to
want to
pick up FRED. I have tried on seperate workbooks called BOB, FRED
etc, but I still get the same problem. Again, any advice would be
most gratefully appreciated.

PS thanks to Doug for your suggestions yesterday, but can't get them
to work for me (possibly more to do with my inadequacies than your
suggested routes!?! been trying all day!! )... any further
suggestions? - thanks in advance.