Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
magnus magnus is offline

Default APA style formatting with et. al.

Thanks

I did a test and created some referenses with diffrent number of referenses:
I the added them twice as in-text citations. What I want is to have the
second time use "et al." instead of the authors name. I am using APA and when
having 7 or more authors it uses "et al." every time I use it.
(Authors, title, year)

(1, et al., 7 authors, 2008)
(1, et al., 7 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6, 6 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6, 6 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, 4, & 5, 5 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, 4, & 5, 5 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, & 4, 4 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, 3, & 4, 4 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, & 3, 3 authors, 2008)
(1, 2, & 3, 3 authors, 2008)

/Magnus

"p0" wrote:

On 14 nov, 13:41, Magnus wrote:
Hi

There are a few discussions about citation and using et. al. instead of
multiple authors. But I can not find a satisfying answer for my question. I
wonder if there is any way that with using APA style get citations to
automatically use et. al. instead of multiple authors.

Not directly no, you can change the code to do so though (although
that is complex according to most people).

I want to have the second and later citations to have et al if the authors
are more than three.

Could you explain that last sentence a bit more? Suddenly you are
talking about 'second and later' (what do you mean by that anyways?)
while the previous paragraph seems to indicate all citations. Are you
talking about in-text citations? Or are you talking about the
bibliography at the end? I guess the easiest way to explain what you
want would be an example of what you currently have and what you want
to have.

Yves
--
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography